sábado, 2 de enero de 2016

New Year's Resolutions

“I hope that in this year to come,
 you make mistakes because if you are making mistakes, 
then you are making new things, trying new things, 
learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. 
You're doing things you've never done before, 
and more importantly, you're doing something.''
-Neil Gaiman

It's 2016, and dude. What have I have been doing with my life these past years? My birthday is just 2 weeks away and... when did I live 17 years? It's scary to realize how fast time goes by, and it's even scarier to see how people go in and out of your life in such short periods of time.
The same happens with decisions, actions, words etc. You can either let them define who you are or on the contrary you can take them as a chance to become something better.
No more wandering. This being said, 2016 is going to be my year, some people kill your vibe by telling you that it is another day, unable to change you. Yes. But it is also an opportunity to motivate yourself, to start over as the year does so. To become a better you.

4 months left. The previous months were just practice, you know, just to get you prepared for the match, to learn who is cheering you up in the stands, to find yourself.
I came with the aim of finding the answer to questions about my future that seemed to have no answer in Spain, and thank god that America solved them for me. I stumbled upon the path that leads to my destination, and there is nobody nor anything capable of stray me from it. 2016 is going to be the match, my match.
I could not be more excited, this semester I will have different classes such as Audio Video Production, Sculpture, Weights, and I'm looking so forward to it. School is going to be fun, and we are half way through the wrestling season. Wrestling. I don't find words to describe what it is doing to me. It takes almost all the credit from the motivation and the confidence that I have built within myself.
I really get along with my host-family. talking from my outlook I would say that we have created a bond that is going to be difficult to break after leaving the country. Isn't that blissful? I'm trying to leave Spain behind to concentrate on the life that I have created from scratch here. To make the most of the time we have left, to enjoy the ride. We are half way through it, and there is no time to waste nor rest.

I'm happy, and I think that's what matters. So let's live each day as if it was the last one, accomplishing the New Year's resolutions (which I keep to myself) in the meantime. It will pay off eventually, and I'm altogether sure that the outcome will be worth it.
Moreover, as time passes, the reencounter with the people that I love (the ones whose well-being matter to me and vice versa) gets closer. Dude... just to think about it gives me goosebumps
Let's keep it real America.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario