jueves, 11 de febrero de 2016

YET MILD KNOCKED ME DOWN


''When it feels scary to jump 
that's exactly when you jump. 
Otherwise, you end up staying the same place your whole life. 
And that I can't do''
-J.C. Chandor
The first time I ever had Thai food was in London; like 4 years ago. I altogether recall that day, it was utterly exhausting and we had wandered like 20 miles (not even kidding) when we stumbled over this restaurant. So we were like- Okay, why don't we give it a try? You know, sooner or later you get tired of either McDonald's or Subway and what's more, trying asian food out sounded appealing.
Well, let me tell you that the main reason why I ate more than 6 mouthfuls of those noodles was because I was starving indeed. That thing was spicy af.
You may be asking yourself, why is this dude telling me this stuff? What a drag, just wait.



Last weekend we had an ASSE meet and therefore I got to spend some time with the exchange students that live around me. Starting with Bruce Lee (Me) on the left corner, Antonio (Melilla), Rosie (China), Andrea (Mexico), Luna (Japan)

Since it was MLK day, we took advantage of it and went to visit an old school, which is a museum now, that just white people could go to (crazy isn't it?). Even though I'm not a museums guy (first thing I usually do if the topic doesn't spark my interest is find a quiet spot and chill until the visit is over) found the visit interesting and learnt a lot about segregation and society back in the day. Even if we still have some issues to solve nowadays, I was glad to realize how much we have progressed compared to the past.

Since Topeka has one of the best capitols of the US and some of us hadn't seen it, we drove around and stepped out of the car to take some crazy pictures. It was freezing, and when I say freezing I mean below zero. Nonetheless, the weather didn't kill our vibe and still we managed to have fun as you can appreciate on the pictures.

After the intense physical activity our stomaches were seeking food so we went straight to a really fancy Thai restaurant (Now the intro of this post makes sense). The first things that impressed me were the statues, lighting of the place, and the calmed music.
Even though I didn't know any of the names in the menu, I went for the soup and rice asking for the mild cooking- in an attempt to conserve my tongue. After all, lunch was great, each one talked a little bit of their country and we got to laugh quite a bit. The plates? Didn't leave anything on the plate, which taking into account the serving sizes of restaurants in America is pretty impressive.
Thai Restaurant

Elementary School





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario