jueves, 25 de febrero de 2016

POLAR PLUNGE

''Life is locomotion. 
If you're not moving, you're not living. 
But there comes a time when you've got to stop running away from things and you've got to start running towards something. 
You've got to force ahead and keep moving
 Even if the path isn't lit 
trust that you'll find your way''
-The Flash, Nora Allen
Bryce and I were cooking dinner when Sarah arrived in a flutter. The first thing I noticed was that she was carrying some colorful bags and had a contagious smile on her face.
-Guys, I need your help, tomorrow I'm dressing up as The Flash and someone has to make the mask. 
-Sixto can do it, he's in sculpture class and might know how to build stuff like that, rapidly responded Bryce in an attempt to get away with the task. Smart guy right there. 
-I got you, I finally said, happy to be useful and to have a distraction for the night since I cannot remember the last time I went partying on a Friday. Back in the day...



Due to the fact that I cannot concentrate while digesting food, I grabbed The Hobbit and lay on the couch for a solid hour. Then it was time to put in work, finishing the mask in less than 20 minutes. I think I did a pretty good job, even though I just had to cut two pieces of foam the shape of lightnings and stick them with several drops of superglue onto the mask.

The next day we woke up early and headed to the lake as a means to volunteer for the race, after picking up some cones, grabbing some Gatorade packages, and setting up the borders we were looking forward to having brunch, which wasn't healthy but god bless those cakes. The entire day can be considered as a major cheat day.

The rest? You already know it, some crazy people dressed up and swam into the nearly frozen lake; good thing the weather behave!

PSA: The goal of the Polar Plunge was to raise money for the Special Olympics. I believe it was a vast success.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario